French Park Dog Park
Subfacility of French Park
About French Park Dog Park
The French Park Dog Park, located in North Egremont, Massachusetts, is a community-promoted and funded, fully fenced-in outdoor space used as a recreation area for pet dogs within the historic French Park. In contrast to other Berkshire County public parks, Dog Park allows off-leash dogs. In addition to offering open spaces for exercise, the Dog Park also provides opportunities for dogs to socialize with each other.
The large Dog Park is securely gated and features two grassy lawn areas for play. There are clean-up bags to pick up after your dog and trash cans provided to make disposal easy. Please bring your own water to keep your dog hydrated. No food or treats are allowed in the park. The park is open from sunrise to sunset. Users of this Dog Park do so at their own risk.
In order to access the French Park Dog Park, we ask that all dog owners review the Dog Park Rules and complete the registration form. Owners that have not filled out the registration will be asked to do so before entering the park.
Dog Park Rules
Enter park at your own risk. The Town of Egremont and friends of the french park dog park take no responsibility for actions that result from dog interactions.
Compliance with the following rules is mandatory for your own safety and the safety of others. Persons who choose to use the French Park Dog Park agree as a condition of use to the following:
- This dog park operates on the peer principle of kind and attentive interaction.
- Monitor your dog's actions at all times. No aggressive behavior will be tolerated.
- If you know your dog exhibits aggressive behavior, even occasionally, do not enter the main park; instead visit the side private park.
- It is exclusively the dog owners' responsibility to clean up after their dogs. Poop bags are provided only if you do not have your own.
- There will be no attendant on duty at any time.
- Users of this dog park do so at their own risk.
- The Town of Egremont shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused by or to any dog in this park.
- The Town of Egremont is not responsible for injuries to dogs, their owners/handlers or others that use the dog park.
- Registered dogs only allowed in the park.
- No dog is to be left unattended in the dog park.
- Dogs must be on a leash and under control by their owners/handlers at all times outside of the fences of the dog park.
- Dog owners/handlers must respect the rights of others to use the dog park by maintaining control of their pets at all times.
- All dogs must be healthy, vaccinated and collared with identification, including a valid town license.
- Owners/handlers must remain inside, with leash in hand, within view and voice control of their dog(s) at all times.
- Limit of two dogs per adult owner/handler. Dogs may not be under the sole control of any person under the age of 18 years.
- Children under six years old are prohibited from entering the fenced in dog park. An adult, who is accountable for their behavior and wellbeing, must accompany all children to the area of the dog park.
- Dogs in heat and puppies under the age of 4 months are prohibited from the dog park area.
- No smoking or food within the fenced area of the dog park (human or dog).
- Dog park gates must be closed immediately after entering or exiting the fenced dog park area.
- Excessive barking is prohibited. Dogs parking excessively must be removed.
- Dogs showing aggression toward people or other dogs must be removed from the dog park immediately without debate.
- Owners/handlers must stop their dogs from digging and immediately fill any holes dug.
- No play togs allowed in the dog park.
- When maintenance is being done on the dog park, no dogs are allowed to be present.
Violators of these rules are subject to removal from the dog park and subject to suspension of their rights to use the dog park. Any violations of these rules will require locking the dog park. These rules and regulations pertain only to posted-off leash areas and have no bearing on the present bylaws or regulations concerning dogs on a leash outside of the dog park.
French Park Dog Park is located on Baldwin Hill Road in North Egremont, Massachusetts. Take Route 71 to Prospect Lake Road to Baldwin Hill (North-South)