National Grid encourages customers to proactively prepare their homes and businesses for the winter season.
What Customers Can Do Ahead of Weather Events
- Create a winter emergency storm kit (such as batteries for radios and flashlights, bottled water, non-perishable food items, and keeping in mind specific needs for members of your household, including medication and the needs of pets)
- Make sure gutters and storm drains are clear of debris and fully operational.
- Conduct regular maintenance on generators and familiarize yourself with safe operation.
- Ensure that furnaces, heat pumps, and water heaters are in proper working order and are correctly vented.
- Remove any diseased or dead branches on trees.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and change batteries annually.
For additional winter preparation information, please visit National Grid Storm Prep.
Stay connected by signing up for text alerts here.