Learn about the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) career-based offerings at Southern Berkshire Regional School District (SBRSD). The Innovation Pathways and Federal FAA-Recognized Identification Area are specialized to SBRSD and cannot transfer to other districts.
Innovation Career Pathways at Mount Everett:
- Designated as an Innovation Career Pathways high school in 2023.
- In collaboration with the Berkshire Workforce Board and regional employers, focus areas include Advanced Manufacturing and Information Technology.
- Students experience a blend of technical coursework and work-based learning, exposing them to practical STEM applications and careers.
State-of-the-Art Makerspace Classroom:
- Equipped with industry-leading technologies such as Computer Numerical Control (CNC) systems, 3D printers, and 30 modeling workstations.
Drone and Aerospace Engineering:
- Campus granted FAA-Recognized Identification Area (FRIA) status.
- Features an Aerospace Engineering course teaching drone piloting, participation in the American Rocketry Challenge, and flight simulator training.
- Mount Everett's after-school drone team has achieved national standing.
- Designing and building automated, autonomous systems for over two decades.
- Available as both in-school and after-school offerings, with annual participation in the VEX Robotics Challenge.
- Offers hands-on, project-based learning focused on cutting-edge automotive technologies.
- Covers topics like basic vehicle mechanics, electric motors, battery componentry, reduced emissions, renewable energy, and AI integration.
- Participation in the CT EEA alternative energy Kart race planned for this year.
Information Technology and Computer Science
- Highlights the rising importance of computer programming and cyber security across various industries.
- Provides CISCO professional-level curriculum akin to what students would encounter at a post-secondary technical school.
- Most courses are aligned with industry-recognized credentials, such as the Certified Entry-Level Python Programmer certificate.
- Many students apply their coding skills to robotics or manufacturing projects during high school.
For a complete picture of SBRSD's educational offerings, visit the School Committee web page and download the below PDF, SBRSD Educational Offerings.
SBRSD Educational Offerings (PDF)