Our online inquiry and bill payment process uses the existing Unipay payment processing but offers many new improvements for obtaining all of your billing information. You can view past or present bills, print reports for Internal Revenue Service (IRS) income tax filing, and make payments. You can find bills by entering your last name, a space, and the first letter of your first name. You can also follow the formatting instructions for other search criteria by selecting "example here" when you enter the system.
- Drop a check off at the Town Hall in one of the two lockboxes located by both entry doors.
- Mail a check to:
P.O. Box 368
South Egremont, MA 01258
- Pay online. All tax information is available on that website.
- . All tax information is available on that website, including taxes paid for the calendar year 2021: search by address or name.
Rates & Due Dates
- Fiscal Year (F.Y.) 2022 Tax Classification Hearing (PDF)
- Egremont Tax Rate, F.Y. 2022: $7.93
The Town has a Quarterly Tax Billing System.
- First Quarter Payment: due on or before August 1
- Second Quarter Payment: due on or before November 1
- Third Quarter Payment: due on or before February 1
- Fourth Quarter Payment: due on or before May 1
Note: If the payment due date falls on a weekend, the due date will move to the first Monday after the due date.
- The bill due August 1 covers July 1 through September 30. (Preliminary Tax bill)
- The bill due November 1 covers October 1 through December 31. (Preliminary Tax bill)
- The bill due February 1 covers January 1 through March 31. (Actual Tax bill)
- The bill due May 1 covers April 1 through June 30. (Actual Tax bill)
Municipal Lien Certificate
The Municipal Lien Certificate fee is $25.00. Please mail payment to Office of the Tax Collector, PO Box 368, So. Egremont, MA 01258.