Egremont Free Library
- Francine Groener
- Peg Muskrat
- Keila Sheldon
Temporarily operating from the second floor of Town Hall, the Egremont Free Library (EFL) will be providing in-person browsing (Mon., Tues., and Thurs. 2-6 PM and Sat. 9-12 PM) and curbside pickup at Town Hall. The Library's relocation allows workers unhampered access to the Library during its renovation. Contact Lesliann by phone or email to request book(s).
With Library renovations underway, we wish to update you on library services:
- Lesliann now provides library services out of Town Hall at 171 Egremont Plain Road.
- You can gather your books at the Egremont Town Hall from the pickup box located outside at the handicap entrance to Town Hall.
- You may return books at the drop-off box at Town Hall or drop them at any CW MARS library, including Sheffield and Great Barrington. You'll find the Egremont Free Library's drop-off box also located outside the handicap entrance of Town Hall.
- Email is the preferred way to reach Lesliann, but you may also leave a phone message.
- Every two weeks, you will receive a message listing new books and DVDs available for borrowing.
- As a reminder, EFL is part of the CW MARS library system. Patrons may request books and DVDs from libraries in the system, delivered to Town Hall weekly. Contact Lesliann if you need help requesting books via CWMARS.
- As Town Hall is open to the public, patrons may browse new books on the second floor of Town Hall. Look for posted signs when you enter Town Hall.
- Renovations will take at least three months. We will keep you posted with regular updates.
- Please, do not hesitate to contact Lesliann for help or questions.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Ebooks & Audiobooks
You can instantly borrow them for free using your desktop or the device in your hand. (tablet, smartphone). The Librarian has access to the CW MARS system remotely, which allows her to look up patron library card numbers and passwords. If you have misplaced your library card or don't know your password, contact them via email, and you can get help with access to Libby. You can also register remotely if you live in Egremont and don't have a library card. Note: if you have a card from Great Barrington, Sheffield, or nearby Berkshire towns, you are all set. But if you don't have any library cards, send the Library an email, and we'll sign you up!
The following is a list of museum passes available to Egremont Free Library patrons. Please see the museum pass policies below. We've added Mass MoCA in addition to all of the other museum and area attractions. Enjoy!
- Norman Rockwell: Pass allows admission for up to two individuals for $10 each. Children 5 years and under are free.
- Berkshire Museum: Pass allows free admission for up to two adults and children under 18 years old. Children 3 and under are free.
- Chesterwood: Pass allows free admission for two adults. Children 12 years and under are free.
- The Clark Museum: Pass includes free admission for one adult.
- Mass MoCA: Admits up to two adults for free. Children 13 years and under are free.
Hancock Shaker Village: Pass allows free admission for two adults and two children
Museum Pass Policies
- First come, first served. Patron must come to the Library, and if the museum pass is here, they may borrow it for 48 hours. Please - no calling ahead to reserve.
- Patron must return the museum pass in the envelope provided and place it in the Book Drop Box outside the door to Town Hall within 48 hours of borrowing the pass.
- Only one pass may be borrowed at a time.